Time is a valuable commodity. We are about to change the fundamentals of high-mountain expeditions. For you.
While a regular Manaslu expedition can require 42 days, our Flash expedition only takes half of the time while increasing safety and chances of success.
“The mountain of the soul”, the translation of the name of a mountain with an exciting mountaineering history. In 1956, first ascended by a Japanese expedition, there still is an intense debate about the first descent with skis on an 8000er and whether it was accomplished by the two Austrians Josef Millinger and Peter Wörgötter at the Manaslu in 1981 or by Ives Morin at the Annapurna in 1979. The spirits are still divided about the exact definition.
But this should not bother us, as we already reach the next landmark in the history of this beautiful and technical relatively easy 8.000er: An expedition in only 3 weeks. And if you want to, even a ski expedition in 3 weeks! There is hardly any other mountain above 8.000 m that is more attractive for skiing than this one. The Furtenbach Adventures expedition targets the route of the first ascenders over the northeastern flank. An experienced team of Sherpas and a dedicated expedition leader as well as the best possible preparation by acclimatising in hypoxic tents, redudant oxygen support and reduced expedition duration ensure that all participants can undertake the ascent attempt at this impressive mountain under the highest safety standards.
- Shortened duration of the expedition (3 weeks only)
- Expedition also possible with skis
- Helicopter-flight Kathamandu – Basecamp and back
- 1:1 client Sherpa ratio
- Enough Oxygen for two summit attempts per team member
- IFMGA mountain guide
- Limited number of participants for more safety and higher chances of success
- The Manaslu Flash expedition is exclusively available at Furtenbach Adventures, no other operator reaches the 3-week mark.
Day 1-4: Arrival in Kathmandu and flight to Samagoan
1. Day: Arrival in Kathmandu, first get-together at the hotel. Pick up at the airport and transfer to the hotel is included! The first day starts very easy – check in at the hotel, get-together with the other expedition members, a chilled beer at the terrace and feel the growing excitement for the upcoming expedition.
2. Day: Day at leisure in Kahtmandu. For those who haven’t been here before – you will love it. Relaxing, shoppin in Thamel, culture or just soak up the flair of the city. Anyone as they wish.
3. Day: Helicopter flight to Samagoan
4. Day: Spare day for helicopter flight
Day 5-17: Basecamp und Manaslu Gipfelbesteigung
5. Day: Trek to the Manaslu Basecamp (4.800m)
6.-17. Day: Climbing time. The plan is to set up 3 high camps at 5.600 m, 6.550 m and 7.400 m. The last camp will probably be set up at the ascent day.
Day 18-21: Return to Kathmandu
18. Day: Descent to Samagoan
19. Day: Helicopter flight to Kathmandu
20. Day: Spare day for the helicopter flight
21. Day: Kathmandu. We will enjoy our return to the civilization, with all its amenities while we are waiting for our equipment to arrive from the overland route.
- All organization for the expedition
- High altitude generator and tent for 6-8 weeks prior to the expedition
- IFMGA mountain guide
- Helicopter flight from Kathmandu to Samagoan and back to Kathmandu
- 3 nights in single rooms at Hotel in Kathmandu
- All transfers (jeep / private bus)
- Full board during the whole travel (only breakfast in Kathmandu)
- Beverages during joint meals (no alcoholic beverages)
- Double room accommodation during journey to Destination
- Oxygen package with a rental mask & regulator and O2 (max. actual need for ascent + a second try)
- Porter / Yak to the base camp and back (30 kg personal luggage / person)
- 1 tent per member at the base camp
- Mat for the base camp
- High camp equipment (tents, cooker, gas, dishes, food)
- All fixed ropes and fixing material
- 1 climbing sherpa per participant
- Insurances (helicopter, accident) and equipment for all Nepalese team members
- Emergency Oxygen
- Pharmaceutical travel kit, high altitude emergency medicine, pulse oximeter
- Kitchen team
- Common tent, shower tent, etc at the base camp
- Satellite communication for a fee and WIFI fair use policy, both depending on availability
- Solar charging
- Radio communication for base and high camp
- All fees and permits
- Weather forecast
- Security and warranty of an Austrian tour operator
- International flight to Kathmandu (we will gladly make you an offer)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal insurance
- Visa for Nepal (available at the airport, passport photo required)
- Shipping costs for high altitude generator and tent outside of the EU
- Personal medicine
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal mountain and climbing Equipment
- Sleeping bag for base and high camp
- Mat for high camp
- Fees for satellite phone and emails
- All not specifically mentioned included services