Day 1-4: Arrival in Kathmandu and flight to Samagoan
1. Day: Arrival in Kathmandu, first get-together at the hotel. Pick up at the airport and transfer to the hotel is included! The first day starts very easy – check in at the hotel, get-together with the other expedition members, a chilled beer at the terrace and feel the growing excitement for the upcoming expedition.
2. Day: Day at leisure in Kahtmandu. For those who haven’t been here before – you will love it. Relaxing, shoppin in Thamel, culture or just soak up the flair of the city. Anyone as they wish.
3. Day: Helicopter flight to Samagoan
4. Day: Spare day for helicopter flight
Day 5-17: Basecamp und Manaslu Gipfelbesteigung
5. Day: Trek to the Manaslu Basecamp (4.800m)
6.-17. Day: Climbing time. The plan is to set up 3 high camps at 5.600 m, 6.550 m and 7.400 m. The last camp will probably be set up at the ascent day.
Day 18-21: Return to Kathmandu
18. Day: Descent to Samagoan
19. Day: Helicopter flight to Kathmandu
20. Day: Spare day for the helicopter flight
21. Day: Kathmandu. We will enjoy our return to the civilization, with all its amenities while we are waiting for our equipment to arrive from the overland route.