The climb of Mt. Elbrus is long and strenuous. It is not technically difficult but usually requires crampons, and sometimes ice-axes. No previous experience or climbing skills required - our guides provide necessary basic crampons, rope and ice-axe technique lessons during acclimatization hikes. These standard tours are regular guaranteed departure tours. No matter if you come with a group of friends or travel alone - everybody is welcome to join a tour and a tour will be run for the same price if at least one person singes up. Standard itinerary starts from Mineralnye Vody airport and ends in Mineralnye Vody airport (MinVody). We expect to meet participants at MinVody (MRV) airport on the first day of the program. Alternatively we can pick you up from a hotel in MinVody. Please inform us about your arrival in Mineralnye Vody flight details or hotel in advance. Our guide will meet you at the airport or in hotel.
Day 1. (Friday): Meeting in Mineralnye Vody airport. Group transportation (4 hrs. by bus) to our mountain hotel in the Elbrus area. Dinner at hotel. Overnight stay in the hotel, 2100 m. above sea level. Day 2. (Saturday): Breakfast at hotel. Acclimatization ascent of Cheget Mountain, 3450 m. Lifts, lunch and dinner are included. Overnight stay in the hotel. Day 3. (Sunday): Breakfast at hotel (Full board from now until we are back to hotel after summit). Transportation to lifts. Lifts. Acclimatization hike. Overnight stay in the Pilgrim huts (3800 m) on the slopes of Elbrus. Day 4. (Monday): Acclimatization hike. Full board. Overnight stay at the huts. Day 5. (Tuesday): Summit day. Leave base camp about 3 am for the climb of Elbrus' west summit, 5642 m. Descend to base camp. Full board. Overnight stay at the huts. Day 6. (Wednesday): Reserve day for climbing Elbrus (in case of bad weather) or descent to the Baksan valley. Overnight either at hotel or huts. - Full board if we stay at huts. Breakfast at huts if we descend. - At hotel then - lunch, dinner (a party at local cafe) are included. Day 7. (Thursday): - If we are at huts: Breakfast at huts. Descend to the Baksan valley. - If we returned on day 6: Breakfast at hotel, a hike or shopping around or any activity on your own. Lunch, dinner. Overnight stay in the hotel. Day 8.(Friday): Breakfast. Group transportation to Mineralnye Vody airport.
- Baksan valley: 'Semerka' hotel or similar, shared twin or triple room. - Full board.
- Base camp: Pilgrim huts - Full board.
- Group transportation from airport to hotel.
- Group transportation from hotel to airport.
- Transfer in Elbrus area from hotel to lifts and back.
- Lifts: for Mt. Cheget hike and for Elbrus
- All necessary paperwork: visa support, permits and registrations.
- Guide(s). One guide for the group throughout the tour. One mountain guide for 2-3 people for the summit attempt (1/3 guide/client ratio).
- One summit attempt with guides
- Group equipment (ropes, ice screws etc)
- Transfers which are not mentioned (necessary) in the program.
- Riding snow-cat (aka Ratrak, a vehicle transporting people along the snow slopes). Optional. Available on request.
- Single occupancy supplement (on request).
- Personal equipment (such as sleeping bag, boots, crampons etc). You should have own along with you or rent here.
- Service (guide, cook) in case of additional climb
Great value trip, nice guides This isn't luxury so have marked the food and logistics down a bit but these guys know what they are doing and run a cost effective safe expedition.