Mount Manaslu is the world's eighth highest mountain with its height reaching approximately at 8156m above sea level. Located forty miles east of Annapurna, Manaslu dominates the Gurkha massif. It was formerly known as Kutan l, later named Manaslu which is derived from the Sanskrit word Manasa meaning "Mountain of the Spirit".
This dominant mountain has long ridges and valley of glaciers that can be approached from all directions and when seen from afar provides a supreme view. The place is also known for its spectacular geographic and fascinating culture. This expedition will offer you with perfect views, a combination of rich cultural heritage, genuine adventure, incomparable beauty and biological diversity of Nepal.
This exclusive expedition is also ideal for those who are looking to climb 8000er or prepare for big mountain such as the Everest. Our Elite team strives to provide you with the best Quality of service and the best tactics required in high altitude expedition. With the full team consisting of highly experienced mountain climbers and great leaders, we offer you a legitimate level of safety and success. Your expedition will not only be with great leader and staffs but with friends who will be treating you as such and looking after you in the best way possible, ensuring you an exciting and successful adventure
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu & transfer to Kathmandu Marriot hotel
Day 2: Welcome brief, gear check and official formalities in Kathmandu
Day 3: Private Heli chartered flight to Samagaun
Day 4 & 5: Stay at Samagaun for acclimatisation.
Day 6: Trek to Manaslu Base Camp (4,700m)
Day 7- 30: Climbing period of Manaslu
Day 7 & 8: Acclimatize day
Day 9 & 10: Training day (Fixed lines/ Rope work / Abseil/ Crampon work)
Day 11: Mountain God worship ceremony
Day 12: Rest days
Day 13: Sleep at Camp 1
Day 14: Sleep at Camp 2
Day 15: Touch Camp 3 and head back to camp 2
Day 16: Head back to Basecamp
Day 17 to 18: Rest day
Day 19: Head to Camp 1
Day 20: Camp 2
Day 21: Camp 3
Day 22: Camp 4
Day 23: Summit push
Day 24: Head back to Camp 2 after Final Summit
Day 25: Back to Base camp
Day 26: Move to Samagaun.
Day 27: Withdraw from Samagaun Base camp and private Heli chartered flight to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 28: Free Day in Kathmandu/ Rest day accompanied by farewell dinner
Day 29: Departure to Home country
- Arrival & Departure :Airport transfer-Airport/Hotel/Airport
- Accommodation: 4 nights at a 4* Hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Double Room
- Member’s transportion :Kathmandu-Arughat-Kathmandu (by jeep)
- Transportation: All required equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs From Kathmandu-Arughat(by bus) –Basecamp(by Porters)- Arughat(by porters)- Kathmandu(by bus)
- Permits: Manaslu expedition permit, National park & TIMS permit
- Waste Management: Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit Fees
- Fooding & Lodging: 3 meals a day while Trekking & at Basecamp for members & Staffs
- Cargo Clearance: International Air cargo clearance of Member’s Personal Luggage & Payment of Government taxes
- Liaison Officer: 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary, and accommodation.
- Base Camp Staff: Base camp Cook & Kitchen Assistant
- Porters: Porters per member up to Base camp & back from Basecamp
- Staff’s Remuneration and Allowances: All Nepali staffs’ & porters’ daily wages, equipment, food & clothing
- Insurance : All Staff’s Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance
- Member Luggage :40 Kg per member for personal baggage
- Base Tent: VE25 North face or Kaila’s tents for base camp per member
- Base equipment: Base camp foam mattresses, dining, Kitchen, Toilet & Store tents, hot shower, Tables & chairs & Cooking gears
- Heater: Heater for base camp at each Dining and other necessary camps
- Light: 1 Solar panel for charging battery and lighting at base camp
- Dinner: 1 Farewell Dinner at a tourist-standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Nepalese Staff
- Oxygen: 2 oxygen bottle for each member and 1 oxygen bottle for each high altitude Sherpa
- Mask & Regulator: 1 Set of top Out mask for each member and high altitude Sherpa
- High Altitude Climbing Sherpa:1 Climbing Sherpa per member
- High camp service: Essential cooking gas, cooking utensils, high altitude Sherpa, high altitude tent, high food and fixing gear
- Air Fare: International flights to/from Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry Visa fee
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu Hotel stay and hotel cost for more than 4 nights in Kathmandu
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from the expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance :Travel and High Altitude Insurance /Accident/Medical/emergency evacuation
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, Personal equipment and shopping
- Sherpa summit Bonus & Tips: Please set aside some tips
- Rescue Evacuation: Emergency rescue evacuation cost, if needed and all other expenses of personal nature
- Any other item not listed in “cost includes” section.
Manaslu 2019 was my first 8,000er and first time with Elite Himalayan Adventures and they did not disappoint! They exceeded my expectations at every level and stage including, - Booking & pre-exped admin - Arrival, gear check and logistics - Transportation & Hike in to base camp - Base camp & acclimatisation & daily briefings - Climb, Summit (successfully) and safe return - Post exped celebrations and assistance on further trips in Nepal, travel arrangements, etc Every member of the team was professional in all aspects of the expedition and I would have no hesitation in booking with them again! Highly recommended!!!
Manaslu climb with the best of the best, experienced guides, amazing food & logistics at basecamp and higher camps, bullseye for the pick of the Summit Day, excellent camaraderie on the mountain, Nims David & all the sherpas Hatts Off can't wait to climb with you again!