K2 Base Camp and Concordia in Pakistan is one of the world’s great treks. Mount K2 at an altitude of 8,611m is the second highest mountain in the world.
The trekking route up the Baltoro glacier has superb mountain views all the way up to Concordia. On our walk we will see the Trango Towers, Muztagh Tower, Masherbrum, K2 and Broad Peak among many others. Galen Rowell described Concordia in his book as the “Throne Room of the Mountain Gods”. We camp at Concordia and will see its unique panorama of 7,000m and 8,000m mountains and impressive views of K2. Mitre Peak is the prominent peak near Concordia.
Every year in mid July we organise two groups to K2 Base Camp starting at the same time in Islamabad. The K2 Base Camp & Concordia group will walk back down Baltoro glacier from Concordia. Whereas the K2 Base Camp & Gondogoro La group will cross this high pass at an altitude of 5,560m.
Day 1: Arrive in Islamabad (540m)
Day 2: Fly to Skardu (2,228m), if cancelled drive KKH to Chilas (1,265m)
Day 3: Sightseeing day in Skardu (2,228m) or drive KKH to Skardu
Day 4: Jeep drive to Askole (3,048m)
Day 5: Trek to Korofong (3,100m)
Day 6: Trek to Bardumal (3,305m)
Day 7: Trek to Paiju (3,383m)
Day 8: Trek to Khoburtse (3,566m)
Day 9: Trek to Urdukas (4,130m)
Day 10: Acclimatising day at Urdukas (4,130m)
Day 11: Trek to Goro 2 (4,250m)
Day 12: Trek to Concordia (4,600m)
Day 13: Trek to K2 Base Camp (5,150m) and back to Broad Peak Base Camp (4,960m)
Day 14: Trek back to Concordia (4,600m)
Day 15: Trek to Goro 1 (4,150m)
Day 16: Trek to Khoburtse (3,566m
Day 17: Trek to Paiju (3,383m)
Day 18: Trek to Jhola (3,170m)
Day 19: Trek to Askole (3,400m)
Day 20: Drive to Skardu (2,225m)
Day 21: Fly to Islamabad (or drive KKH to Chilas)
Day 22: Sightseeing in Islamabad (or drive KKK to Isb)
Day 23: Fly back home
- Internal flights. The flights are Islamabad - Skardu - Islamabad. If cancelled then we will drive on Karakoram Highway.
- All internal transport and transfers including airport collections for group flights only. If you are not on the group flights we can arrange airport transfer for an extra charge of GBP65 (US$85 or €75) per transfer.
- Twin share rooms at hotels.
- Breakfast only in Islamabad, all meals included in Skardu and while on trek.
- Twin share tents while on trek. These are three person domed tents with plenty of space for two people sharing plus gear.
- Trekking arrangements. Including permits and fees, tents, International and Pakistan guides, porters and cooks.
- Porterage. The allowance for your main bag is 15kg.
- Weather forecasts from .
- Thuraya satellite phone for organising logistics and medical evacuations. It can also be also used for personal calls at extra cost.
- GPS tracking on Google Maps. Your friends and family can track your progress during the trek.
- Rubberised luggage tag posted to you before departure.
- Full financial protection. Our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence (ATOL) number is 10921. Our Association of Bonded Travel Operators Trust (ABTOT) membership number is 5365).
- Pre departure support and advice from The Mountain Company. We are available by email, phone or face to face
- International flight to/from Islamabad.
- Airport pick up and transfers if not arriving on group flight costing GBP65 (US$85 or €75).
- Travel & trekking insurance.
- Pakistan visa for 30 days.
- Lunch and evening meals in Islamabad.
- Personal clothing & equipment, please see Practical Information for kit list.
- Tips. Each trekker should budget for giving tips into the group fund. This should be in region of £135, US$175 or €150)
- Other items not listed in “What is included”.
The K2 trek is an experience of a lifetime. Concordia camp has to be one of the most spectacular spots in the world to experience more 8000 meter peaks and awesome views. The support, food, care, and experience of the guides and support crew make the day to day experience even better. The opportunity to visit Pakistan and the surrounding countryside was unforgettable. Place this trek on your bucket list and it will live up to every expectation.
Going to Pakistan from France, difficult or impossible and cost extremly high. Speaking a little english I was looking on internet for foreign agency, and i found The Mountain Compagny. You can reach Roland directly, giving all the best advise. K2 base camp was among the best experience, i had in high mountain treks, even i was many time in Nepal. From Ade Summers, to the local crew, equipment, assistance, place of camp everything was perfect. I discover certainly the most impressive mountain (K2) in the world , far away from the mount Everest and friendly people , respect only basic rules. The landscape for approching Base Camp in Concordia is absolutely amazing You can trust Roland Hunter for having the best experience, in this unforgetable trip, and this fantastic organization. Last information , i was also in Dhaulagiri and Dolpo with the The Mountain Compagny and everything also was excellent. Philippe Beck (France)
- July, August 23 Days
Share with your friends