Urus – Ishinca – Tocllaraju Mountain
Are located in the Cordillera Blanca and belong to the Chinchey Massif. They are located in the Ishinca Valley, chosen by many tourists for an easy acclimatization before climbing any other mountain which is higher than 6000m above sea level.
- 07 Days/06 Nigths
- Max. Altitude: 6034 m / 19,796 ft
- Route: Alpamayo Mountain Expedition
- Availability: May - September
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Ratio: 2 clients per Guide
Day 01: Huaraz – Pashpa – Base Camp 4350 m
From Huaraz we will drive to Cochapampa where our Donkey Driver will be waiting for us. From there we will start our hike, going through a forest of Quenuales trees until Base Camp. Approx. 4 hours
Day 02: Base Camp – Urus Summit 5450 m / 17,880 ft – Base Camp
We will start our ascent at 3 am by a steep ridge until we reach the glacier, before climbing along a spectacular ridge to the summit, with views of the Tocllaraju and Ranrapalca peaks among others. After the summit, we will go down to base camp. Approx. 5 hours.
Day 03: Base Camp – Ishinca Summit 5550 m / 18,208 ft – Base Camp
We will start our ascent at 3 am, taking a zigzag trail to the glacier, where we will begin our journey to the top. From there, we will have a truly panoramic view. Then, we will go down to base camp.
Day 04: Rest day
Rest day. Optional only. It is also possible to go on a 2 hour walk to Lake Milhuacocha this day.
Day 05: Base Camp – Morraine Camp 5100 m / 16,732 ft
We will hike a zigzag trail for four hours until we reach 5100m, where we set up camp.
Day 06: Morraine Camp – Tocllaraju summit 6034 m / 19,796 ft – Base Camp
We will start the ascent at 1am along a large glacier until we get to the first 50m wall (55-65°). After climbing it, we will reach a ridge with views of the Callejon de Conchucos. We will carry on to the summit where we will be rewarded with a splendid view. In the afternoon, we will descend to base camp. Approx. 6 to 7 hours.
Day 07: Base Camp – Pashpa – Huaraz
On the last day we will go on an easy trail to go back to Cochapampa and return to Huaraz with our private vehicle. Approx. 3 ½ hours.
- Transfers from the airport / hotel / airport – Lima
- Transfer from the station to the hotel / station / hotel – Lima
- Hotel accommodation in Lima.
- Pick-up from the station and transfer to the Hotel reserved for you in Huaraz.
- Bus ticket Huaraz / Lima,
- Hotel accommodation in accordance with tour program.
- Tour of Acclimatization
- Mountain Guide (AGMP – UIAGM)
- Specialised cook
- Entrance fee of National Park Huascaran
- First-Aid kit
- Private transport between Huaraz / start and end of trek.
- Complete meals during the trekking program
- Donkey driver
- Kitchen / dining tent.
- Collective technical equipment
- Camping equipment
- Tent for 2 Person
- Toilet tent
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Tour of the city
- Food and drink in Lima and Huaraz
- Travel luggage and Travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Personal Spending
- Personal equipment (sleeping bag, backpack, harness, hiking pants, mountain jacket (goretex), hiking shoes, matraz, suitable clothing, personal medicine, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, etc.)