Tamang Heritage Trail in Langtang Region
The "Tamang Heritage Trail" is the newly developed tourism product, linked by roads, which offers a life unfolding unique experience of virgin nature. This trekking destination is just a day long bus journey from the capital, Kathmandu. An 8-day trekking tour on the Syaphrubesi-Goljung-Gatlang-Chilime-Tatopani-Rasuwagadhi-Briddhim-Syaphrubes route provides varieties of experience. The Tamang rituals, Tibetan culture, festivals, traditional architecture, costumes, local Syabru dances make this trail a unique destination. There is a view point at Goljung Pass, from where views of Langtang and Kerung (China) can be seen. A tourist gets opportunity to observe Syabru, Mane and other local dances at Goljung and Gatlang VDCs. The villages also sell exclusive handicraft items like traditional caps, mufflers and other items.
Tourists can enjoy hot bath in the healing hot-water spring at Tatopani before reaching Nagthali, where camping is a unique experience. The visit to monasteries and houses adorned with rich wood engravings at Thuman is an unforgettable experience. Briddim village is next, where there is home stay facility in 24 houses.
Day 01: Kathmandu to Syabrubesi Syabrubesi (1470m) approx. 6 hours drive.
After an early breakfast we drive north from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi. Parts of the road are unsealed and the condition of the road often depends upon the monsoon season. We will travel via Trisuli Bazaar where the dam and hydroelectric project was completed by the Indian Technical Mission. Finally we drive on to Syabrubesi and spend a night there. Stay overnight in lodge.
Day 02: Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2238m). Walk approx. 5 hours.
Day 03:Gatlang to Tatopani (2607m). Walk approx. 5-6 hours.
Day 04:Tatopani – Nagthali – Thuman (2338m). Walk approx. 7-8 hours
Day 05:Thuman to Sherpa Gaun (2563m) via Bridim 6-7 hours walk.
Day 06: Sherpa Gaon to Langtang (3430m). Approximately 6-7 hours
Day 07:Langtang - Kyanjin Gompa (3870m) about 3 - 4 hours
Day 08:Extra day at Kyanjin Gumpa, excursion to Tsergo Ri (4985m) for stunning view.
Day 09:Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2324m) 5-6 hours.
Day 10:Lama hotel to Syabrubesi (1400m). 6 hours walk.
Day 11: Drive to Kathmandu
- Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
- Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3/4/5 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) & Other Destination Based on Trekking Area.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
- Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
- Trekking staffs wages etc.
- 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
- Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
- Trekking Duffle Bag
- Trekking Staff Insurance of $10,000 Per Person.
- Trekking Map, T-shirt, and Trekking certificate.
- Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
- All Government and local Taxes
- International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
- Meals will be Start when your Trek starts
- International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Domestic Ticket Etc.
- Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.