Carstensz Pyramid – Papua
At 4,884 meters above sea level, the Carstensz Pyramid is the highest mountain on all of New Guinea and one of the famous "seven summits", the highest summits of the seven continents. In 1962, the mountain was first climbed by Austrian Heinrich Harrer, and even today, expeditions to this mountainous region of New Guinea require complex permitting procedures.
Due to his network of contacts, Dr. Weiglein is one of the few Papua experts who successfully guided and organized many expeditions to this region. This expedition, from the jungles to the icy mountains of the Pacific, and the Carstensz Summit, is a truly unique adventure.
• Flight tickets Denpasar – Timika return with Garuda Indonesia
• Charter flight Timika – Illaga return
• Dr. Werner Weiglein as tour guide
• Crew for the tour (cook and porters)
• 3x overnight in Hotel Ida, Kuta
• 2x overnight in Hotel Komoro Tame, Timika
• 14x overnight in tent
• Equipment (tents, cook equipment, dishes etc) NO sleeping bag/mattress!
• Tours as per itinerary
• All transfers, all fees
• Special travel permit (Surat Jalan)
• Meals full board (in Bali only breakfast)
• International flight tickets to/from Denpasar
• Sleeping bag and mattress!
• Lunch and dinner in Bali
• Additional drinks and personal expenses
• Airport tax, if any
- Passport has to be valid minimum 6 months at date of entry Indonesia
- Please check with your embassy if you need a visa for Indonesia and about the procedure
- When entering Papua, every visitor needs to bring a passport copy and two passport pictures for the travel permit
- A checklist on what equipment to bring will be send after booking confirmation
Day 1: Arrival in Denpasar, Bali
Our representative will welcome you and transfer you to our partner hotel Ida in Kuta. We will handle all of the important formalities for your travel permit. For the rest of the day, there is no program (breakfast included).
Day 2: Bali
Day 3: Bali - Timika
Day 4: Timika - Illaga
Day 5: 1st trekking day
Day 6: 2nd trekking day
Day 7: 3rd trekking day
Day 8: 4th trekking day
Day 9: 5th trekking day – arrival basecamp
Day 10: Basecamp
Day 11: Basecamp
Day 12: Basecamp (extra)
First day for return with helicopter (optional, surcharges apply).
Full day at basecamp. If necessary, we will try again to reach the summit today.
Day 13: 1st trekking day back
Second day for return with helicopter (optional, surcharges apply).
We will take the same way back to Illaga, which we know already. Altogether five days are scheduled for the descent.
Day 14: 2nd trekking day back
Day 15: 3rd trekking day back
Day 16: 4th trekking day back
Day 17: 5th trekking day back
Day 18: Illaga - Timika
Day 19: Timika - Bali
Day 20: Departure from Denpasar
- January, February, August, October 20 Days
Share with your friends