Cayembe (18,996ft) and Cotopaxi (19,347ft) (with optional Chimborazo (20,548ft) Add-On)
Our Ecuador Volcanoes expedition is hugely popular because it offers serious bang for your buck, with excellent climbing in a relatively short time frame. We will tackle two high altitude gems, Cayembe and Cotopaxi during our regular program, with the added ability to tack on another Ecuadorean giant, Chimborazo.
We start with an acclimatization peak before moving on to the picturesque Cotopaxi in the south, then in a gradual altitude progression, heading North to Cayembe as our next ascent. This program is of moderate difficulty and is great for those with previous experience with crampons, ice axe and rope travel on peaks such as Mt. Rainier and Mt Blanc
Top 5 Reasons to Climb in Ecuador (Expedition Highlights)
- While your friends think you are “suffering” in the mountains, you’ll actually be staying in luxurious haciendas (think 400-year-old estates) boutique hotels, and well-appointed mountain huts. Not a tent in sight.
- Hard to get time away from the family to go climbing? Bring them along! You don’t need to be a climber to enjoy the amazing hospitality, culture and landscapes of Ecuador. The luxury accommodation on this trip isn’t a hard sell either!
- Post-climb, recover by relaxing in the healing waters of Termas Papallactas’ natural hot springs and by dining at Zazu Restuarant
- This is the perfect excuse to finally tick the Galapagos off your bucket list. With the trip finishing in Quito, it’s a hop, skip and a jump over to this famous archipelago, which is one of the most biodiverse places on the planet. Abundant with wildlife, it is known as the foundation of Darwinian evolution.
- Oh yeah! Did we forget to mention the world-class climbing alongside incredible local guides? There are not many places in the world where you can summit 3x classic high altitude peaks in just 2 weeks!