Mt. Dhaulagiri may not be as well known as Mt. Everest, but this is the seventh highest peak in the world at 8,172 m/26,811 ft. It wasn't conquered until 1960 by a Swiss expedition. Its white snowcapped peak has long stood defiantly against those who wanted to climb to its top. Some of the early attempts did end with avalanche and disasters. The mountain today has accepted its fate and conquerable, and can be safely climbed with incredible views from its summit.
Mt. Dhaulagiri is located west of Pokhara. It is not on the Chinese border, but completely within the nation of Nepal. To east Mt. Manaslu and Annapurna I, two peaks over 8,000 meters are visible.
The name "Dhaulagiri" is Sanskrit for "White Mountain" When you see it rising above the Himalayas; you will understand how it got its name. Its brilliant snowcapped summit stands majestically above the surrounding mountains. It stands like a dare, challenging anyone to conquer its lofty top.
The journey itself begins in Pokhara, the beautiful mountain city by the lake. This is where you will get your first glimpse of Dhaulagiri as it rises above the other peaks in the region. To stand at the edge of Lake Phewa in Pokhara while seeing its reflection in the blue waters will make you want to meet the mountain's challenge.
The expedition takes 52 days, of which 31 days will be spent climbing. Your journey with Bochi-Bochi's experienced team will allow you to conquer the mountain and to return once more to the land below.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu 1,300m. and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02-03: Documentation, Briefing and preparations for the expedition.
Day 04: Drive to Beni (830m).
Day 05: Drive to Marpha (2670m.)
Day 06: Trek to Alubari and back to Marpha.
Day 07: Trek to Yak - Kharka (4915m.)
Day 08: Trek to Kalopani (4700m.)
Day 09: Trek to Hidden Valley (4900m.)
Day 10: Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4750m.) via French pass (5360m.)
Day 11: Climbing Period to the SUMMIT (From Day 11 to Day 43)
Day 44: Trek to Kalopani from Base Camp.
Day 45: Trek to Marpha.
Day 46: Drive to Jomsom and Fly to Pokhara
Day 47: Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 48: Spare Day / Shopping in KTM .
Day 49: Final Departure.
- 4 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu with bed & Breakfast at Standard Hotel.
- Permit fee of Dhaulagiri 8167m.
- Food for Trekking and Expedition period
- Staff: Base camp Guide, Cook, Cook helper
- Porter Beni – Darbang to Dhaulagiri B. C. & Base camp to Jomsom
- Kathmandu -Pokhara-Beni- Darbang by private transportation
- Fly Jomsom - Pokhara and Pokhara – Kathmandu & transfer hotel
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer, expedition staff
- Medical & rescue insurance by helicopter Insurance for Nepali staff
- 1 tent for 1 person for Expedition north face or similar company
- Mattresses , dining tent, Toilet tent, Store tent, Table & chairs trekking & Expedition
- Local transportation in Kathmandu (Airport-hotel-airport)
- 1 member 30 Kg. persons climbing equipments + climbing goods
- Solar panel for Batteries charge and lighting
- Annapurna conservation fee
- Welcome dinner
- Agency service charge
- PERSONAL equipment for climbing & trekking
- Personal & medical Insurance of expedition
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Personal expenses
- Bar Bills & beverage, Mineral water