Everest from the north (Tibet, north col)
So much has already been written and continues to be written about it. Good and bad, fascinating, cautionary, electrifying, odd, disturbing, and interesting. You can think what you want, but it is and remains the mother of all mountains. It’s the mountain whose history of ascents is unsurpassed, bursting with drama, madness and heroics. The playground for the top climbers of our time and the life-long dream of so many climbers from around the world. It‘s not just a mountain. The Everest is a myth. And it makes you a hero.
We are the first independent European tour operator to offer Mount Everest tours from both the North and the South at the same time. With the highest possible safety and quality standards and the comforting ressurance of dealing with a fully licensed and strictly tested Austrian expedition organizer.
- 1:1 client to sherpa ratio on summit day
- Minimum 8 bottles of oxygen per client
- IFMGA mountain guide
- 2017 success rate 100%
- 2018 success rate 100%
- 2019 success rate 100%
- Smallest groups compared to other tour operators for more safety and higher chances of success
- Including a high altitude tent for pre-acclimatization at home!
- Shorter expedition duration due to pre-acclimatization
North vs. South
The two "normal ascents" on Mount Everest each offer certain advantages, but also pose their own risks and challenges. Ultimately it should be a well-informed decision on the part of aspirants whether to climb from Tibet in the north via the North Col and Northeast ridge, or from Nepal in the south over the Khumbu Icefall, Lhotse face and the Southeast ridge. In many cases, a decision in favour of one or the other side will be a result of several factors including the experience of the participant, his personality, and his exact plan for ascent, Perhaps one side is more appealing to you, it exerts more attraction or catches your eye with a beautiful line. Listen to your intuition, which usually provides the best advice in such cases, or seek personal advice from us!
+ objectively the safer ascent route
+ the last camp is higher (8300m) resulting in a shorter summit stage
+ more comfortable and luxurious basecamp due to road access
- longer exposure to wind and cold during ascent
- technically more challenging during the last third, more cliffs
- descending from the summit is more difficult
+ technically the easier and longer ascent, sheltered from the wind
+ statistically a higher chance of reaching the summit
+ lower altitude base camp, resulting in better regeneration
- ice fall and avalanche hazard at the Khumbu icefall and the Lhotse slope
- last camp is at 8000m, resulting in a longer, more strenuous summit day
- Overall ascent from the base camp is somewhat longer and requires more stamina
Furtenbach Adventures Everest Expeditions
We are offering Everest expeditions in unique style with maximum oxygen and Sherpa support to achieve the greatest amount of security and the highest chances of success. The exclusive spirit of Furtenbach Adventures makes our expeditions a touch different. Maybe even a touch better.
- We provide 15 years of experience in the organization of expeditions to eight-thousanders in the Himalayas and Karakoram.
- We provide experienced, state-certified (UIAGM/IFMGA) western mountain guides, accompanied with a tried and tested Everest Sherpa team.
- We provide sherpas to our members who have repeatedly stood on Everest and know exactly how they can best support our climbers during their summit attempt.
- In contrast to many other tour operators, we provide the most advanced, most reliable and easiest oxygen system from Summit Oxygen which is available on the market.
- We provide each participant with at least 8 bottles of oxygen, more than any other organizer. Thus, our participants can rise at a higher flow rate and sleep with oxygen at Camp 2 (North Col) and Camp 3, thus conserving energy.
- Our participants are better acclimatized when they arrive to the mountain because they have already started acclimatizing at home 6 weeks prior to the expedition. The complete high altitude generator equipment including training plan is included in the price and will be delivered to your house and picked up when training is completed. You don’t need to take care of anything.
- We provide one of the most comfortable base camp facilities Mount Everest has ever seen
- We provide a kitchen team and food which you would not expect at a base camp on a glacial moraine at the end of the world.
But above all, we provide the Furtenbach Adventures promise of quality:
You get more Sherpa support, more oxygen and more comfort than with any other provider. This leads to better recovery, more safety and, ultimately, to higher chances of success. The total travel time can be shortened by pre-acclimatization at home.