- Route first climbed by Hillary and Tenzing. Classic climb with the best weather.
- Experienced leaders: Dan Mazur and Don Wargowsky, from UK and USA, 12 Everest expeditions, friendly, good teachers, well organized.
- Now offering exciting Everest / Lhotse combo trip. Climb two 8000m peaks in one expedition.
- 63 of our members and 37 sherpas have reached the summit during 12 expeditions.
Mount Everest at 8,848 meters / 29,035 feet is the tallest and perhaps most coveted mountain in the world. The south (Nepalese) side is the route first climbed by Tenzing and Hillary in 1953, and the dates we have chosen feature the best weather of the year. The Nepal side of Everest is warmer and less windy than the Tibet side. The approach to base camp includes one of the most beautiful treks in the world, and goes through tiny villages and teahouses and camps in sunny meadows beneath stunning peaks. Mountaineering through the south col route is considered accessible and easier compared to north col ridge
The climb is led by Dan Mazur and Don Wargowsky . With decades of experience in Himalayan climbing, the leaders and expert Sherpa provide a safe and enjoyable expedition to the top of the world.
1) Arrive in Kathmandu, 1300 meters (4,265 feet). Stay at hotel.
2) Orientation meeting and chance to buy last minute supplies, visit temples, and tour the city. Stay at hotel.
3) Fly to Lukla, 2860 meters (9,385 feet). Walk to Phakding 2650 meters (8,695 feet). Teahouse or camping.
4) Walk to Namche Bazaar, 3450 meters (11,320 feet). Teahouse or camping
5) Rest day with acclimatization hike in Namche. Teahouse or camping
6) Walk to Pangboche, 3750 meters (12,300 feet). Participate in a Buddhist Puja blessing ceremony with the local Lama at the monastery if you wish. Teahouse or camping
7) Walk to Pheriche, 4250 meters (13,945 feet). Visit the Himalayan Rescue Association health clinic. Teahouse or camping
8) Walk to Dugla, 4600 meters (15,090 feet). Teahouse or camping
9) Walk to Lobuche, 4900 meters (16,075 feet). Teahouse of camping
10) Walk to GorakShep, 5150 meters (16,900 feet). Teahouse or camping
11) Walk to basecamp, 5340 meters (17,400 feet). Camping
12) Rest, organization, and training day in basecamp
13) Rest, organization, and training day in basecamp
14) Walk to Pumori basecamp, 5300 meters (17,390 feet). Sleep there.
15) Walk to Pumori ABC, 5700 meters (18,700 feet). Return to Everest basecamp.
16) Rest in basecamp.
17) Acclimatization trek to the top of Kala Patthar, 5644 meters (18,520’). Return to basecamp
18) Rest in basecamp.
19) Climb to camp 1 at 6100 meters (20,010 feet). Sleep at camp 1.
20) Climb to camp 2 at 6400 meters (21,000 feet). Return to camp 1, sleep there.
21) Return to basecamp,
22) Rest in basecamp.
23) Rest in basecamp.
24) Climb to camp 1. Sleep there.
25) Climb to camp 2. Sleep there.
26) Rest in camp 2.
27) Climb to camp 3, 7300 meters (23,950 feet). Return to camp 2, sleep there.
28) Return to basecamp.
29) Rest in basecamp.
30) Rest in basecamp.
31) Climb to camp 1, sleep there.
32) Climb to camp 2. Sleep there.
33) Rest in camp 2.
34) Climb to camp 3. Sleep there.
35) Descend to camp 1 or camp 2. Sleep there.
36) Return to basecamp.
37) Rest in basecamp or descend to a lower village such as GorakShep.
38) Return to basecamp from lower village. Rest in basecamp.
39) Climb to camp 1, sleep there.
40) Climb to camp 2, sleep there.
41) Climb to camp 3, sleep there.
42) Climbto camp 4, 8000 meters (26,245 feet). Sleep there.
43) Attempt summit.
44) Return to camp 2, sleep there.
45) Return to basecamp.
46) Rest in basecamp.
47) Climb to camp 2, sleep there.
48) Climb to camp 3, sleep there.
49) Climb to camp 4, sleep there.
50) Attempt summit.
51) Return to camp 2.
52) Return to basecamp.
53) Pack up basecamp.
54) Trek down to Pheriche. Teahouse or camping.
55) Trek down toPangboche. Teahouse or camping.
56) Trek to Namche. Teahouse or camping.
57) Trek to Lukla. Teahouse or camping.
58) Flight to Kathmandu. Stay at hotel.
59) Extra day in Kathmandu, in case of delay, and for sightseeing, gift shopping. Hotel.
60) Fly Home. Thanks for joining our expedition!