MERA PEAK -15 days
Mera Peak is one of the most alluring trekking peaks in Nepal as it Involves a culturally stimulating journey through picturesque villages and forests – followed by a gentle climb to the 6476m/21,246 ft Summit. Mera Peak is perhaps best known because it is Nepal’s highest trekking peak, ie: any peak above this height is considered a full expedition peak with it’s associated higher permit cost. The Mera climb comes at the end of a two weeks long trekking and acclimatisation program followed by a climbing program designed to give you the best possible chance of success. So far we have had 99% success rate in all of our Mera Peak expedition. The trip initiates in Kathmandu where we make last minute preparations and enjoy the cultural diversity of this ancient city before embarking on a short drive to Jiri and enter the Hinku from the south via Pangkongma to Khumbu valley and entranceway to Mt Everest. The expeditions are being run during both the post, and pre-monsoon seasons of 2007/8.This trip offers highlights of non-technical climbing at moderate to high altitude, and even though it is not technically difficult, the climb incorporates a lot of the components of the higher expedition peaks. In addition to the climbing the expedition offers stunning Himalayan views and exciting Nepalese cultural experiences. An ascent of Mera Peak is regarded as the ideal introduction to Himalayan climbing. Whether you’ve climbed mountains before, or you just have aspirations to experience Himalayan expedition life, this introductory trip will enable you to truly savour the realities of expeditioning and many a Mera peak climber has been inspired onto other high mountains. The climbing is low angle and involves the use of two camps on the mountain before making the attempt at the top. You will be supervised and supported by our qualified sherpa and climbing guide who will teach you the necessary skills while experiencing this fantastic and safe adventure.
Highest Access Point: 6476m/21,246 ft
DAY 01: KATHMANDU- LUKLA (APPROX.2840M)-CHUTTANGA (APPROX.3050M)–4 HRS
Early in the morning fly from Kathmandu to lukla takes about 35 minutes and stay overnight in lukla the get way to Everest. In afternoon make a small trip around lukla. It’s up hill walk through the forest for 4 hrs to chuttanga.
DAY 02: CHUTTANGA TREK CHATTRA (APPROX 3800M) (6 HRS)
Its steep uphill walk for 4 hrs till the pass of chattra la (4300m) from where we could have nice Mountain View and then 2 hrs down hill walk takes us to chattra.
DAY 03: CHHATRA- KOTHE (APPROX. 3500M) -6 HRS
The trail goes down hill through mixed forest all the way to the river and then up hill following the river all the way to kothe. The day as well you will see good Mountain View as well as view of mera peak. It takes 5 hrs down hill and 1 hr up hill walk to reach kothe, our overnight place.
DAY 04: KOTHE- THAGNAK (APPROX. 4300M) - 4-5 HRS
From kothe trail follow the river up ward all the way to Thagnak. In this day you can have great view of Mera, Mera la Glacier and other mountain as well. Thagnak is a small Sherpa Village, stay overnight in Thagnak.
DAY 05: REST DAY FOR ACCLIMATIZE
DAY 06: TANGNAG (APPROX 4300M)-KHARE (APPROX.5000M) (5 HRS)
This is an up hill trail. You can have view to Mera peak, Kusum Kangaru and many more. On this day the trail goes up for 2 hrs then nice walk till the place call dig kharka then again steep ascend to khare for about 2 hrs. Enjoy the alpine zone walk and stay overnight in Khare.
DAY 07: REST DAY IN KHARE FOR ACCLIMATIZATION
Check your climbing gear and if you like to, do a day hike from khare.
DAY 08: KHARE – HIGH CAMP (5500M) - 6-7 HRS
It’s about one hour cliff walk and then ice climb to mera la. From here its gradual up hill climb to high camp. On this day you could have magnificent mountain view including world highest Mt. Everest., Makalu, Lhotse, Cho-oyu etc.
DAY 09: HIGH CAMP- MERA PEAK- KHARE (10-11 HRS)
Early morning start the climbing. It’s up hill climbing to Mera peak from high camp. The 100 meter is steep up hill climb to reach the top of mera peak. takes about 5 hrs then all the way back down hill to khare. Mera peak offers great mountain view including the world highest mountains.
DAY 10: KHARE TREK TO KOTHE (6 HRS)
It’s down hill walk to kothe
DAY 11: KOTE TO CHATTRA (6 HRS)
DAY 12: CHATTRA TO CHUTTANGA (6 HRS)
DAY 13: CHUTTANGA TO LUKLA (4 HRS)
DAY 14: LUKLA TO KATHMANDU
Important note on itinerary: Although Ever effort will be made to follow the schedule above, this itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, route conditions, conditions of trekkers, conditions of staff and other factors which is beyond our control.
Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
- Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Equipment such as tents And Mattresses, Cooking Equipment, Camp site charges, Insurance, and
equipment for the staffs.
- Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
- Trekking staffs wages etc.
- 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
- Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
- Climbing Permit and Climbing Bonus.
- Flight Ticket Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu
- Climbing Insurance for Climbing Guide of $19000.00
- Trekking Map, T-shirt, Trekking and climbing certificate.
- Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
- Sleeping Bag and Down Jacket (Return after Trek)- will Cost
- All Government and local Taxes
- International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
- Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Domestic Ticket Etc.
- Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.