1) Arrive in Kathmandu, 1,350 meters (4,428 feet). Our staff will meet you at the airport. Stay at hotel.
2) Go to Chinese embassy, for visa. Logistics, orientation meeting, purchasing, packing. Stay at hotel.
3) Early morning drive to Rusuwaghadi, 2,557 metres, (8,389 feet). Stay at hotel.
Lhasa option: Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa or if you are coming from a city in China, arrive in Lhasa on this day.
4) Enter Tibet, drive to Gyirong, 2,700 metres(8,858 feet) Stay at hotel.
Lhasa option: Rest in Lhasa, tour Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple, the most sacred building in Tibet.
5) Rest & acclimatization in Gyirong. Walk around the local hills. Stay at hotel.
Lhasa option: Drive to Shigatse. Rest and acclimate, tour the surrounding area.
6) Drive to Tingri, 4,300 meters (14,108 feet). Stay at hotel.
Lhasa option: Drive to Tingri. Rest and acclimate, tour the surrounding area.
7) Rest & Acclimatization in Tingri.Stay at hotel
8) Drive to Chinese Base, 5,000 metres (16,404 feet). Camp
9) Rest at Chinese Base
10) Walk halfway to advanced base camp. Camp at 5,200 metres (17,060 feet).
11) Rest day at "interim-camp"
12) Walk to advanced base camp at 5,400 metres (17,717 feet).
13) Rest, training, and organization at advanced base camp
14) Walk to camp 1, 6,200 metres (20,341 feet). Return to advanced base camp.
15) Rest in advanced base camp
16) Walk to camp 1, Sleep there.
17) Walk to Camp 2, 6,700 metres (21,982 feet). Return to advanced base camp.
18) Rest in advanced base camp.
19) Rest in advanced base camp.
20) Walk to camp 1 and sleep there.
21) Walk to camp 2 and sleep there.
22) Walk to camp 3, 7,400 metres (24,278 feet). Return to advanced base camp.
23) Rest in advanced base camp.
24) Rest in advanced base camp.
25) Walk to camp 1 and sleep there.
26) Walk to camp 2 and sleep there.
27) Walk to camp 2 and sleep there.
28) Walk to camp 3 and sleep there.
29) Summit attempt
30) Summit attempt
31) Summit attempt
32) Summit attempt, descend to camp 2.
33) Descend to advanced base camp, pack, and prepare to depart.
34) Walk down to Chinese base.
35) Early morning drive to Gyirong. Stay at hotel.
36) Early morning drive to Kathmandu. Stay at hotel.
37) Final packing, celebration, saying goodbye to new friends. Stay at hotel
38) Fly home. Thank you for joining our Shisha Pangma Expedition.
Shishapangma itinerary for combined Cho Oyu expedition:
9-23 October (days 1-3 below are the last 3 days of the regular Cho Oyu itinerary).
1) Arrive in Kathmandu after finishing Cho Oyu. Give passport to Chinese embassy for visa number 2.
2) Rest in Kathmandu.
3) Drive to Gyirong.
4) Rest in Gyirong.
5) Drive to basecamp.
6) Walk to advanced basecamp.
7-14) Climb Shishapangma.
15) Walk down to basecamp.
16) Drive to Gyirong.
17) Drive to Kathmandu.
18) In Kathmandu (extra day).
19) Fly home.